Viewing different file formats
|Portable Document Format (P.D.F.) content||Adobe Acrobat Reader|
|Word files||Word Viewer
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word (for 2007 version)
|Excel files||Excel Viewer
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Excel (for 2007 version)
|PowerPoint presentations||PowerPoint Viewer
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for PowerPoint (for 2007 version)
|Flash content||Adobe Flash Player (Other Government website that opens in a new window)|
|Audio Files||Windows Media Player|
Use the accessibility options provided by this Website to control the screen display. These options allow increasing the text spacing, changing the text size and colour scheme for clear visibility and better readability.
Text Size Icons
Following different options are provided in the form of icons which are available on the top of each page:
- Increase Text Size: Allows to increase the text size up to five levels
- Decrease Text Size: Allows to decrease the text size up to four levels
- Normal Text Size: Allows to set default text size
Changing the Colour Scheme
Changing the colour scheme refers to applying a suitable background and text colour that ensures clear readability. There are four options provided to change the colour scheme. These are:
- Standard: Applies white color as the background and black color to the foreground text to set the default contrast.
- White on black: Applies black color as the background and white color to the foreground text to improve readability.
- Black on white: Applies white color as the background and black as the foreground text to improve readability.
Note: Changing the colour scheme does not affect the images on the screen.
Changing the Text Spacing
Changing the spacing of text refers to increasing the white space between two letters from the default white space to improve readability for users with visual and learning impairments
To change the text spacing:
Click on the Enable Character Spacing button to increase the white space between the letters and the Disable Character Spacing
to set the default white space between the letters.